Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another one bites the dust!

I know I haven't been blogging much so far but I promise it will
pick up eventually. And just because I haven't blogged about it, that doesn't
mean I'm not making any progress! I do, however, have some projects coming up
that will take up a huge chunk of time but have absolutely nothing to do with
the studio, it is Christmastime after all (and I'm far too poor to be buying
presents)! Maybe I will share those with everyone and you can all be jealous of
the people on the receiving end of such fantastic offerings : P

As I was saying, although I have (once again) been totally MIA on the
blog front, I have made a little progress this week. That cat painting is
finished, drying and waiting to be varnished. I have also started a painting
that was requested by a friend of mine of Heath Ledger’s Joker from the Dark
Knight. I haven’t gotten too far on it but am hoping it turns out awesome, so
that he can owe me one :) Here are the final progress pictures of the
cats and the beginning on the Joker mural (can I call it a mural? It’s really
only 2ft by 4ft)








I am also looking for some advice on this one. It's obviously too late for this particular painting, but for future reference; I probably put 6 coats of red paint on that blood spatter before I reached a mostly solid red and I was wondering whether anyone might be able to tell me where the hell to find a more opaque (acrylic) red? I have used a few different reds in a number of different paintings and murals where I wanted a solid finish and have found with each one that it just took forever to accomplish that. I have had a request for a spiderman mural for my young cousin's wall and am hoping to avoid spending so long doing coat after coat of red, although it's not really the end of the world, it would just be way more convenient to only have to do one or two. Any advice for a amatuer?

1 comment:

  1. if you want comments - as I have no advice for you. dedicate an 30mins a day commenting like crazy on other blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete