Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Four Cheese Stuffed Pasta (my first recipe post!)

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the day Ryan and I started dating, we didn't have a crazy celebration but we did have a nice night off together. We had a delicious dinner, a delectable dessert and watched a pretty good movie (starring a scrumptious actor ;))

For dinner I made four cheese stuffed pasta. I can't remember where I got the recipe, I wrote it down on one of my recipe cards God only knows how long ago and just never got around to making it. I know Ryan liked it because he is a pretty picky eater and after he had his serving, he finished off mine!



Here is how I wrote the recipe down:

12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded provolone
1/4 cup parmesan
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp minced dried garlic
1 1/2 cups chunky pasta sauce, divided
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella



  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Cook shells, rinse, drain and set aside
  3. Combine all other ingredients except sauce and mozzarella
  4. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Fill the shells, place them in the dish and cover them with the remaining sauce.
  5. Cook, covered in foil for 30 minutes.
  6. Uncover, bake 20 more minutes
  7. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake until melted

I didn't have all the ingredients, I think the parsley was pretty important but I didn't have any (!) so I just put in 1 TBSP of dried parsley instead. I also didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I used marble instead.






After dinner we had Chocolate Decadence Cake which was shared by my friend Ali over at Running with Spatulas a while ago. I made her Peanut Butter Cups a couple weeks ago and they were so yummy I thought I would give another of her favorite recipes a try. I think I'll make a habit of it :P

We watched Crazy Stupid Love while we ate. I already saw it in theaters with Nikita, but I didn't mind one bit. I could look at Ryan Gosling with his shirt off ALL DAY and not get tired of it :) YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment