For dinner I made four cheese stuffed pasta. I can't remember where I got the recipe, I wrote it down on one of my recipe cards God only knows how long ago and just never got around to making it. I know Ryan liked it because he is a pretty picky eater and after he had his serving, he finished off mine!
Here is how I wrote the recipe down:
12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded provolone
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp minced dried garlic
1 1/2 cups chunky pasta sauce, divided
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook shells, rinse, drain and set aside
- Combine all other ingredients except sauce and mozzarella
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Fill the shells, place them in the dish and cover them with the remaining sauce.
- Cook, covered in foil for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 20 more minutes
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake until melted
I didn't have all the ingredients, I think the parsley was pretty important but I didn't have any (!) so I just put in 1 TBSP of dried parsley instead. I also didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I used marble instead.
After dinner we had Chocolate Decadence Cake which was shared by my friend Ali over at Running with Spatulas a while ago. I made her Peanut Butter Cups a couple weeks ago and they were so yummy I thought I would give another of her favorite recipes a try. I think I'll make a habit of it :P
We watched Crazy Stupid Love while we ate. I already saw it in theaters with Nikita, but I didn't mind one bit. I could look at Ryan Gosling with his shirt off ALL DAY and not get tired of it :) YUM