Saturday, May 19, 2012

TGIDN: Pecan Pie

I made my first ever pecan pie last night and it didn't turn out too bad at all. I was stingy on the pecans since neither Nikita or Chris are fans, that's my favorite part though!!! The only thing I feel like I did wrong with this pie was that when I added the brown sugar it didn't say "packed brown sugar" but I packed it anyway, so it was too sweet for my liking. I still liked it though, and I will totally repeat this recipe, next time I will just try it with a bit less sugar!

 
It is a really simple recipe if you are looking for something super easy to bring to a family dinner and don't want to bring store bought!

 

 

  



  
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

 
  
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. 
  3. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well.
  4. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.               
  5. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
  7. Allow to cool, and serve :)                

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment