Sunday, June 17, 2012

TGIDN: Banana Split Cake

We did not have our usual dessert night at the farm this week since my parents were visiting from New Brunswick for my brother's University Graduation (so proud of him! More on that in another post I am sure!). I had a very busy week and did not have time to update on here but I took tonnes of pictures of our escapades and I will share them once I have had a chance to sift through! For now I just wanted to share the dessert I made for my Dad's birthday yesterday (although his actual birthday was on Friday, Happy Belated Birthday Dad!!).
I got this recipe from a friend I used to work with and I made it for a family potluck a while back, they all went crazy for it so my Gramma specifically requested that I make another one for last night.



Banana Split Cake


1 1/4 cup graham crumbs
5 Tbsp melted butter

2 cups icing sugar
1 cup margarine
2 eggs

4 bananas, sliced lengthwise

16 oz crushed pineapple

1 Litre cool whip

Chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish (optional)



  1. Combine butter and graham crumbs and press into bottom of 9x13" pan
  2. Combine icing sugar, margarine and eggs and beat with electric beater until mixture becomes light and fluffy (over 5 minutes). Spread over top of crust.
  3. Layer bananas over top of butter cream mixture, spread pineapples over bananas, and cool whip over pineapple.
  4. Garnish with chopped nuts if desired.
  5. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.


    
    This doesn't do the fluffiness justice but I am trying to show you how different it
    looks after you have beaten the butter cream a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment