I got this recipe from a friend I used to work with and I made it for a family potluck a while back, they all went crazy for it so my Gramma specifically requested that I make another one for last night.
Banana Split Cake
1 1/4 cup graham crumbs
5 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup margarine
4 bananas, sliced lengthwise
16 oz crushed pineapple
1 Litre cool whip
Chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Combine butter and graham crumbs and press into bottom of 9x13" pan
- Combine icing sugar, margarine and eggs and beat with electric beater until mixture becomes light and fluffy (over 5 minutes). Spread over top of crust.
- Layer bananas over top of butter cream mixture, spread pineapples over bananas, and cool whip over pineapple.
- Garnish with chopped nuts if desired.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.