Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DIY Wednesday: Bubblegum Flavoured Vodka

Yup, I tried another one. I made an attempt at this one because TheGord at CandyBooze gave it a 5/5 rating. For me, it was a 4. He rates based on the shooter though and as I mentioned in my first vodka post, shots are just not my thing!

I gave it 4 points because:
  • it was super easy to make, no straining necessary! 
  • the bubblegum flavor was very prominent 
  • it mixes well with just a bit of sprite

It lost a point because while the flavor came through really nicely and it makes a great novelty drink, it turns out that bubblegum is just not something I want to drink on a regular basis. Oh, and it totally smells like mouthwash. Still, I would say that if you are wanting to try out some candy boozes, this one is worth a try.

We had it in a "BubbleGum Martini" recipe I saw on several blogs. To be honest, that martini is much better made with plain old vanilla vodka. When I mixed the bubblegum vodka with the sprite alone it was pretty darn good though.


I started with about 20 pieces of gum.

Unwrap gum and cut into smaller pieces.



Pour in just enough vodka to cover the gum.

Let it soak for 1 day or until you feel like its ready.

Remove soaked gum (I tried chewing some to see if it had soaked in
any of the vodka but it had no taste whatsoever.)


Chill and serve.


Bubblegum martini: 1 oz vodka, 1 oz pink lemonade concentrate, 2 oz sprite


No comments:

Post a Comment