Sunday, August 12, 2012

TGIDN: Butter Tarts

I have a busy afternoon of housework ahead of me so I am going to keep this short and sweet: This week Nikita took over the oven and made some spectacular butter tarts. Seriously, I am craving some right now. I wish I brought more home!!!! This one is going in my recipe box:



1 cup raisins
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
18 unbaked tart shells



  1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
  2. In heavy saucepan, combine the raisins
  3. Remove from heat and add vanilla and eggs.
  4. Spoon the filling into the tart shells. Note: Do not fill the tart shells to the top with the filling or they will spill over while baking. 2/3 full should be fine.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.
  6. Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake for 5 minutes or longer until pastry is golden. Do not let the pastry filling bubble.
  7. Let butter tarts cool completely before removing from the tart tin.




No comments:

Post a Comment